Sunday, December 24, 2006

more Moscow pics

Jet lag is a perennial problem as Kori displays here by coming to breakfast with her shirt inside-out.
Colby gives some post-race instruction after the Women's points race.
Red square - the Kremlin outer wall w/ tower on the left and a museum(?) in the center right.
These Russian security forces were EVERYWHERE at Red Square. The first day we went to Red Square, it was closed due to protests. We saw this horse brigade a few minutes later. Those poor protesters....
Sima, Kori, Gina (a Canuck), and Colby pose in front of St. Basil's Cathedral (or CandyLand as Colby calls it)
Ya know that Colorado blizzard you've been hearing about? A photo of my poor Corolla on Thurs. Would Teddy and his TUSB training method ride in this??? What about the TUSB indoor trainer riding? I have to change my chamois every 60-90 min. because it's like sitting in a saturated diaper. Pleasant, eh?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We at TUSB promote riding on the trainer if the weather is really dreadful. However, we don't worry about "diaper chamois"... nope, just set your trainer up outside in the snow and pedal for 400 minutes and call it a day! Booya!

Anonymous said...

TZ...best you watch out. Boonen is gunning for your title of most stylin' Euro Mullet:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_T3QwYwbcmts/RYWUvvNBoLI/AAAAAAAAAHo/G5D1EaYN9WM/s1600-h/30028440_d11205d098_b.jpg

Anonymous said...

MR. Thomas Zirbel. How's it hangin fella ?? So you're now living the life of a professional cyclist named Thor, aye. Nice pics on the Blog site. I delivered pizzas once in my life too....... at Premier Pizza in Algona when I was 16. Merry Christmas buddy. Hope all's well. Hit me back sometime and let me know what's shakin at stormdavis2@yahoo.com.

Ian Stanford said...

So, "God of Thunder" now? "Thor" and "God of Thunder". Not bad nicknames for a cyclist.

TomZ said...

Hey Ian -
I partially blame you for the nickname "Thor" sticking in the first place!
Gila '04...

Anonymous said...

Post a photo of "Thor" in his USA Superman velo uniform. We all want to see how you look in it.

Don & Doreen

TomZ said...

sorry - I forgot to have someone snap some pics of me while racing in Moscow. I guess I had other things on my mind...
And because snapping a picture of myself chamoised-up in the living room isn't going to happen,
I will have to try to get some during the LA World Cup in a couple of weeks.
And actually it's Spiderman, not Superman. :)

Home Renovation The Woodlands said...

Nice blog thanks for postiing