Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yous ain't from around these parts, are ya'll?

Continuing on with our Southern Tour, we are stationed in Fayetteville, AK right now. I made it through the rest of the crit series with the rubber side down. We had another good result with Tommy's top 10 at Sunny King but we're looking for some Ws! Joe Martin starts Fri. with Tri Peaks the following weekend. It's been nice not having to travel these last two days - the days sure seem longer when you're not spending hours in the car. We've got some sick dudes on the team right now, but hopefully we'll be 100% by Fri. The weather here in Arkansow' has been warm and muggy so far. We are in a beautiful area though and the scenery is nice for riding. I can see why my Uncle Don has chosen a place like this to habitate. I had some excitement last night with Rich when attempting to pick up his woman from the airport. First off, we had to deal with torrential rains and lightning on the way to the airport only to arrive and find that the airport was closed for the night. Huh? Whoops. Wrong airport. So by the time we arrived at the correct airport, Kate had been safely landed and waiting for a good hour (this is after roughly 14 hrs of traveling all the way from Germany). She took it surprisingly well and if there was any screaming or physical abuse it was not in my presence.
Alright, I'll try and get some pics of the area in the next post, but here are some from the past week or so:
This one makes me laugh. This is Rich on the trainer on an 80 degree sunny day in the beautiful hills of northern Georgia. Is this what it takes to be a national champ??? At least he's outside, right?





This is some of the team with our host family Dave and Brenda who we stayed with after the Spartanburg crit. Dave likes to do ultra marathons and other crazy person events - so we fit right in.






Here is proof that Sheeds is fast on bikes AND in cars. Doh!







Oh yeah, we conquered it. I believe this was at 2700 ft. above sea level (or exactly 1/2 of what I sleep at in Boulder)







This is the highlight of Sunday's ride for Brian and me. Here we are passing the "sag wagon" of the Cheaha Challenge which means that we will get to the last aide station before they pack everything up. Translation: free pb&j, chips, and brownies for Sheeds and I!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Not to rub it in or anything but Brent and I just had panninos for dinner! HA!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Sheeds needed any feed station goodies. He's looking a bit like the over-nourished Kaiser-Jan lately.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»